Thursday, August 29, 2024

CABADBARAN CITY, THE OLD AND THE NEW

When in Cabadbaran City....

 

DUYOG CAFÉ

Asis St., Cabadbaran City, Agusan del Norte

 


One of the contemporary coffee shops in the City is Duyog Cafė.  "Duyog" which roughly translates in English as to "Accompany, be together,  or simultaneously" is a fitting name for this cozy bistro where one may leisurely enjoy coffee, cold drinks, and light snacks with friends or family.

 


The decor may be austere but there are some interesting artworks and personal memorabilia of the owner's childhood I surmise.  But who cares when one is there for the latest of friends, a good laugh, and the menu.


The cold non-coffee-based beverages are highly recommended.  I tried their all-day breakfast which I find to be satisfying.  With the toast, instead of the fried rice, there was strawberry jam, not the usual dab of butter. But I wish I had an extra serving of the jam which I prefer to neutralize whatever oily after-taste of the sausage there is.





 

Speaking of the sausage I simply love it as it tastes more like my favorite Chorizo de Bilbao, particularly that it was fried just right.  Surprisingly, I was informed that it was of a brand that I ignore in supermarkets in favor of my other favored Polish Kielbasa.



It was my first "all-day breakfast" with a dessert provided, a slice of mango.  A fork and knife is the norm but a dessert spoon to scoop the mango flesh is recommended.

 

Overall, "mag duyog na ta didto, para sa dugaaay na tabian".





 

No comments:

TAGAW

T AGAW For Bicolanos, "tagaw" means lizard or "butiki" in Tagalog. But in Cebuano tagaw means the situation of being &q...