Saturday, July 16, 2022

FB FRIENDS



I apologize for not responding to the many friend requests I had for the past year to the present though I sincerely appreciate your interest in me on FaceBook.

 

It’s not that I’m not reciprocally interested, though I mentioned before that it may be because it’s your friend that I am not fond of and I don’t know what made him/her to be dragged to my public link. Besides FB has this strange pattern lately of either “unfriending” or accepting on its own.

 

I find it difficult reading and balancing everything that I want to limit my FB friends to less than a hundred, except for family members, members of closed groups, and some people that usually never react no comment to my posts but instead call, PM, send SMS, or discuss it with me when I meet them in person.  I always respond to private messages of people I don’t even know but I have eventually ignored two, one asked too many questions on old churches restoration which I am not in any way an authority of; and the other was insistent that I identify persons in a 19th Century photograph as he was looking for his great grandfather who joined Philippine revolution. 

 

Anyway, what’s the difference of us being officially friends on FB when almost all of my postings are public which anyone may freely share subject to my intellectual property rights? I just don’t like it re-posted somewhere marked with CTTO.  That’s discourtesy if not stealing intellectual property.

 

All of my restricted communications are sent via email, Messenger, Viber, and lately, Telegram which I find to be faster at least that it has less traffic volume at the moment. 

 

To my mind, FaceBook is but a huge electronic public news channel in which anything posted in it may be accessed by friends or not, subject of course to the Data Privacy Law and laws on libel.

 

And finally, I am choosy in accepting a friend request because I have this nasty habit of being independent-minded and intellectually blunt.  Not everyone likes my view but I respect contrary opinions. 

 

Friends or not, I’m still essentially an Advocatus Diaboli.

 

 

No comments:

"ET LUX IN TENEBRIS LUCIT" (And light shines in the darkness)

Semana Santa 2024 GOOD FRIDAY PROCESSION, ALBAY CATHEDRAL, LEGAZPI CITY One of the major activities during the Holy Week at the     Albay Ca...